Friday, October 12, 2007

In Need Of Inspiration

lavender 026


I am in desperate need of some inspiration, some spiritual healing, some healthy and interesting conversation. I sit her on this warm summers night with a freshly brewed cup of coffee, my pure lavender in the oil burner is wafting through to the room in which I am typing and my favourtie candle is flickering next to me. To me this is relaxing - tranquility. My creative urge is trying to burst out of me however my darling daughter (who I love deeply and is the most gorgeous adorable creature to ever enter my life) robs me of getting my teeth stuck into anything really challenging and of course the daily grind of household chores sadly leave very little time for anything but a few stolen moments to myself each day.

We are moving house, which to me is an ugly, ugly task. It has been very stressful we do not actually own a home, we are on the renting merry-go-round. We must jump hoops, be polite when we are treated like vermin, we must wait for real estates to call us back at THEIR convernience, we must fill out endless amounts of forms and remember endless amounts of information regading our past history and then to be told that we were not accepted due to our 2 little chihuahuas.....oohhh my patience has been tested. The chomomile & lavender oil on the temples is mildly helping.

So you see, I love my life but one little thing is missing, my need for a creative outlet to say what I want to say and be who I want to be.

My blog is titled Lavender Days as to me this paints a dreamy picture of sitting amongst a serene, tranquil spot surrounded by beautiful scented flowers and of course lots of lavender with a pot of tea and and a good book. Every time I smell lavender it brings on this dream to my mind and manages to arouse my senses like nothing other.