Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Magical World of Brambly Hedge














I don't remember how old I was when my mother bought me the set o
f four Brambly Hedge books; Summer, Winter, Autumn & Spring. I do remember, however knowing they were very special and that they were somthing to keep. Maybe I was 4 or five.

I have treasured these four books for over 30 years and now I am reading to my own daughter.

It was while on maternity leave that I re-discovered my passion for these books and began to collect the Royal Doultan figurines. I still have a long way to go before completing the whole collection (if that is poss
ible.....) but am starting to be impressed by my ever growing numbers. My search has taken me to places all over the world (cyber world that is..), buying through ebay from people far away and in the strangest places.

Here is my collection below:



I cannot pick a favourite, however the one at the back with the two mice cuddling is very sentimental to me. Its called 'Your Safe' - when Primrose is finally found after getting herself lost.

These books are enchanting and as a little girl I used to day dream about being part of this little mouse community.

1 comment:

Peta said...

Thanks for sharing your collection. I collect Brambly Hedge too, only the miniature teaset and some wall plates though! I love your collection!